This is a translation of a work by the same name authored by Shaykh Muhammad Arshad al-Banjari (d. 1812) and also includes work by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Samad al-Falimbani (d. 1791). It is mainly concerned with theological differences of the various firaq (sects or sub-groups) of Muslims. Though this is a detailed work, it seems to be aimed at several audiences—first as a comprehensive guide to the varieties of Islamic belief as well as an attempt to place Patani within that milieu.
Completed 1230 AH  by Shaykh Daud b. ‘Abd Allah al-Fatani, in Mecca.
This text gained popularity in the Patani knowledge network from the 1850s to the 1880s, but never experienced extensive publication in printed form.
8 known manuscript copies
Manuscripts with dated colophons (3):
- 1851, Aug 29. Copied by Muhammad Nur b. Haji ‘Abd al-Ghafur, “hari Khamis 2 Dhu al-Qadah 1267 AH.” PNM 1160: 29 ff., incomplete, single maroon frame.
- 1875. Copied by Haji Muhammad b. ‘Abd Alla, “hari Sabtu, 11Dhu al-Hijja 1292 AH,” in Kampung Pernu, Melaka. PNM 5: 42 ff., double red frame.
- 1882, Feb 27. Copied by Ahmad [Zayn al-Din] b. al-marhum Ahmad Raman, 8 Rabi al-akhir 1299 AH, in Kampung Bendam Badam, Patani. PNM 506: 24 ff.
Manuscripts with undated or partially dated colophons (1):
- Copied “hari Khamis.” PNM 2420(1): 38 ff., incomplete.
Manuscripts without colophons (4):
- IAM 115: 48 pp., incomplete. Once owned by Muhammad Dih b. Haji Muqim, of Jerin, daerah Kampung Bendang, dekat surau Bendang Jum, Patani.
- IAM 650: 69 pp., incomplete, now lost.
- PNM 455: 22 ff., incomplete.
- PNM 1525: 25 ff., incomplete.
- c. 2000. Kuala Lumpur: Khazanah Fathaniyah.