This is a work on the sira (biography) of the Prophet Muḥammad.
Completed 9 Rabi al-awwal 1234 AH [6 Jan 1819], by Shaykh Daud b. ‘Abd Allah al-Fatani, in Mecca.
This book only experienced a limited level of distribution through the Patani scholarly network, though since only one dated colophons exist in surviving manuscripts, the dates and quantity of distribution cannot be determined.
7 known manuscript copies
Manuscripts with dated colophons (1):
- 1819, Jul 2. Copied “hari Isnin 9 Ramadan 1234 AH.” IAM 154: 94 pp., good condition.
Manuscripts without colophons (6):
- IAM 95: 107 pp., incomplete.
- IAM 182: 74 pp., good condition.
- IAM 329: 121 pp. Once owned by Abu ‘Umar b. al-Marhum Tuan Haji Muhammad ‘Arif dari Kampung Setar, Mukim Banggul, Kemenan, Patani.
- IAM 394: 36 pp., incomplete.
- IAM 718: 46 pp., incomplete.
- PNM 1392: 60 ff., incomplete. Good condition with occasional blotches or other marks.