Popular Name(s): Haji Ghazali Mundok, Tok Mundok
Origin: Menambin, Tapanuli Selatan, Mandahiling, Sumatra
Biographical Details: d. 4:00 pm Selasa, 8 Aug 1978, age 68, buried the following morning. He married twice, first to Hajjah Habsah b. Haji Ta’ib (d. 1966), by whom he had 7 children. He married secondly to Mak Su Sakinah b. Haji ‘Ali who came from Kampung Tok Sangkut, Pasir Mas. One of his children, Haji Fauzi (d. 1 Sep 2000, Mecca), was the Pengetua Maahab Pengajian Islam at Jalan Long Yunus, Kota Bharu. His brother was ‘Abd al-Hadi, seorang pemimpin pejuang pemisah Patani yang mendapat didikan di Mesir dan Libya, died in London, England, after his brother above.
He began his studies, c. 1927, at Pondok Haji Cik Dol, in Gajah Mati, Pendang, Kedah. He then went to Kelantan and studied at Madrasah Ahmadiyya, Bunut Payong. Finally, he went to Mecca, c. 1930, to continue his education. He returned to Kelantan (rather than his home in Sumatra) c. 1939, having married a daughter of Haji Ta’ib b. Haji Sa’id of Kampung Repek, Pasir Mas, Kelantan. He taught in several pondoks and madrasahs.
- Haji ‘Isma’il b. Mustafa al-Fatani (father of Haji Husayn Cik Dol), Pondok Haji Cik Dol, in Gajah Mati, Pendang, Kedah, began c. 1927
- Tuan Guru Haji ‘Abd Allah Tahir b. Haji Ahmad (Madrasah Ahmadiyya, Bunut Payong)
- Shaykh Muhammad Ahyad Bogor (Mecca)
- Shaykh Muhammad Shafie Kedah (Mecca)
- Shaykh Sa’id Yaman (Mecca)
- Pak Da ‘El Patani (1882-1965), Mecca
- Daud, Ismail Che, “Ulama’ Muhajirin di Kelantan,” in Tokoh-tokoh Ulama’ Semenanjung Melayu, vol. 2, 2nd ed., 572-4. Kota Bharu: Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan, 2007.