Popular Name(s): Haji Ahmad Batu Tiga
Biographical Details: His father, Haji ‘Isma’il, was a student of Tok Bendang Daya Muda, was a teacher, and died in Pulai Chondong, c. 1950. His father’s brother, Haji Muhammad ‘Ali b. Lebai Che Mat, was a teacher in Pangkalan Mulong/Feri, Jalan Lemal, Pasir Mas. He had two brothers: Haji Mukhtar Kampung Siram, Pasir Mas and Haji Ghazali Kampung Galang, Pulai Chondong, both of whom were pondok teachers. d. 1:30 pm Khamis, 6 Rabi al-akhir 1398/1978, in the home of his son, Haji Muhammad Zayn, near Masjid Bandar Pasir Mas.
After getting his early education in Patani, he returned to Kelantan and studied with Tok Kenali at Kubang Kerian for six years. After teaching at Kampung Repek (a little to the west of Pasir Mas) for four years, he left to study further in Mecca. He later returned to Pasir Mas and taught at Padang Mukum. At one point, he taught in Bangkok for six months. In c. 1964, he returned to Mecca and stayed 3-4 years.
- Haji ‘Abd Allah Bendang Gucil (c. 1870-c. 1946), Patani, 2-3 years, studied Thai language
- Tok Kenali (1868-1933), Kubang Kerian, 6 years.
- Tuan Makhtar Bogor (Mecca)
- Sheikh Ahyad Bogor (Mecca)
- Pak Cik Wan Da’ud (1866-1936), Mecca
- Che Pak Ya Reman (Mecca)
- Tok Shafie Kedah (Mecca)
- Pak Da ‘El Patani (1882-1965), Mecca
- ‘Abd al-Qadir Patani (Mecca)
- Haji Ghazali b. Haji ‘Isma’il, Pulai Chondong, his younger brother
- Haji ‘Abd al-Rahman Yusuf, Slow Macang
- Haji ‘Umar Da’ud, Kubang Bemban
- Syed Agil Muhammad al-Basmeh, Tok Sangkut, d. 5 May 1965
- Haji ‘Ali b. ‘Idris, Gual Nering/Batu Sepuluh, d. 25 Jan 1971
- Pak Su Che The Awang, Banggol Setol/Pondok Meranti, d. 21 Jan 1983
- Pak Su b. Haji ‘Abd Allah Sulong, Kampung Cenerai, d. 17 Aug 1983
- Haji Yusuf b. Awang Mamat, Alor Lenggok, Tasik Berangan
- Haji Hassan b. Haji Awang, Banggol Setol
- Haji Wok b. Che Muhammad, Lubok Cekok
- Haji ‘Abd al-Rahman b. Haji Che Ahmad, Pondok Sipol, Tok Uban, d. 1995
- Haji Salih Pandak, Cabang Tiga Kampung Repek
- Lebai Ya’qub b. Haji ‘Ali, Kampung Repek
- Haji Yusuf b. ‘Idris, Kampung Kiat, Lemal
- Haji Muhammad Nur b. Che Umar, Kampung Landar
- Pak Da b. Haji Harun b. Haji ‘Ali, Kampung Cetok/Slow Mengkuang, Kuala Krai
- Haji Sulayman b. Haji Ngah, Pondok Siram, Pasir Mas
- Daud, Ismail Che, “Ulama’ Terkemuka dari Jajahan Pasir Mas,” in Tokoh-tokoh Ulama’ Semenanjung Melayu, vol. 2, 2nd ed., 610-3. Kota Bharu: Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan, 2007.