Location(s): Mecca (1270/1854)
Biographical Details: b. 1233/1817, Kampung Sena Janjar, Patani. Two of his younger brothers became prominent shaykhs, Tok Bendang Daya Muda and Pak Cik Wan Da’ud Patani. He was less prominent that his brothers and seems to have remained in Mecca after his education. He was also the father of the famous Shaykh Ahmad al-Fatani. d. 18 Dhu’l Hijja 1325/1908, in Mecca.
- Shaykh Da’ud b. ‘Abd Allah al-Fatani (1769-1847), Mecca
- Pak Da ‘El Patani (1882-1965)
- PNM 2764 – Jawahir al-Saniyya, 2 Dhu’l Hijja 1270 AH [26 Aug 1854 CE]
- Abdullah, Hj. Wan Mohd. Shaghir. Manhalush Shafi: Syeikh Daud al-Fathani; Membicarakan Rumus-rumus Shufi dan Istilah-istilah Tasawuf. Kuala Lumpur: Khazanah Fathaniyah, 1992.
- ________. Penyebaran Islam & Silsilah Ulama: Sejagat Dunia Melayu, vol. 11. Kuala Lumpur: Khazaniah Fathaniyah, 1999: 10-1.
- ________. Syeikh Daud bin Abdullah al-Fatani: Ulama dan Pengarang Terulung Asia Tenggara. Shah Alam: Penerbitan Hizbi, 1990.