Popular Name(s): Haji Wan ‘Abd al-Qadir Melor
Biographical Details: b. malam Sabtu, 10 Dhu’l Qada 1320 AH [8 Feb 1903 CE], in Kampung Padang Halban, near Peringat, Kota Bharu, Kelantan. d. 13 Sha’ban 1377 AH [5 Mar 1958 CE]. He was contemporary to Haji Mat Pauh, Datuk Haji Ahmad Maher, and Haji Nik Adeeb.
He first studied at Pondok Caok in Patani. After returning to Kelantan, other students that he had met there, such as Haji ‘Abd al-Majid and Haji Min accompanied him back. He embarked for Mecca with the permission of his teachers and he stayed there in the house of Tuan Guru Haji Mat Kebir (Besar). He did not remain long and soon returned to Kelantan. He taught at Kampung Melor, c. 1936.
- Tok Chaok (d. 1921), studied there c. 1913
- Tuan Guru Haji ‘Ali Pulau Pisang, c. 1923, Masjid Muhammadi, Kota Bharu, Kelantan
- Haji Ya’qub Ligor (1892-1971), he studied with him c. 1923, Masjid Muhammadi, Kota Bharu, Kelantan
- Haji Ya’qub Gajah Mati (1895-1956), studied with him c. 1923, Masjid Muhammadi, Kota Bharu, Kelantan
- Tuan Guru Haji Mat Selising
- Tuan Guru Haji Awang Padang
- Ustaz Azhari Melor
- Ustaz Zakaria Ismail
- Imam Haji Nik Lah Bukit Tanah
- Che Salih Permatang Gading
- Imam Che Noh Aril
- Haji ‘Abd Allah Alor Bakat
- Ustaz ‘Abd Allah b. Haji Abu Bakar
- Imam ‘Abdullah b. Senik Melor
- [untitled work in Arabic] – malam Sabtu, 10 Dhu’l Hijja 1348 AH [9 May 1930 CE]
- Awang, Ismail, “Haji Wan Abdul Kadir Melor (1903-1958),” in Tokoh-tokoh Ulama’ Semenanjung Melayu, vol. 2, 2nd ed., 1-8. Kota Bharu: Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan, 2007.