Popular Name(s): Shaykh Da’ud Khatib
Location(s): Mecca (1317/1900)
Biographical Details: b. c. 1860. His father Isma‘il was from Turkey and came to Southeast Asia, first preaching Islam in Aceh. His mother was named Maryam, who came from the Kelantan-Patani region, who was a sister of Wan Cik b. Haji Muhammad Salih al-Fatani, who was the mother of Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani and also the sister of Wan Aishah b. Haji Muhammad Salih al-Fatani, the wife of Tok Wan Ali Kutan. He was associated with some of the publications at Matbaah al-Miriyyah, where he was second in authority behind Shaykh Ahmad al-Fatani. He returned to the peninsula sometime after 1915. d. 13 Oct 1936, in Kota Bharu, Kelantan, and was buried at Kampung Banggol, Kota Bharu.
- Untited work [Azimat dan doa] – PNM 574C
- [Faedah ilmu tauhid] – PNM 574B
- Majmu‘ al-Azhar al-Zakiyyah – completed Ramadan 1320/1902
- Tahdhib al-iman wa targhib al-ahibbah wa al-ikhwan
- ‘Umdat al-murid fi ‘aqa’id al-tauhid – completed 7 Dhu’l Qada 1317 AH [9 Mar 1900 CE]
- Abdullah, Hj. Wan Mohd. Shaghir. Penyebaran Islam & Silsilah Ulama: Sejagat Dunia Melayu, vol. 10. Kuala Lumpur: Khazaniah Fathaniyah, 1999: 39.
- ________. “Syeikh Daud bin Ismail al Fatani: Kader Pentasyhih Kitab Melayu/Jawi yang Pertama.” Dakwah 15, no. 177 (Feb 1992): 46-49.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 264-6.
- Mahmud, Abdul Razak. “Haji Wan Daud Khatib (1860-an-1936), in Tokoh-tokoh Ulama’ Semenanjung Melayu, vol. 1, 3rd ed., 371-84. Kota Bharu: Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan, 2001.