Popular Name(s): Tok Jakar
Biographical Details: b. c. 1870, Kampung Jakar, d. 1363/1944, buried at Jakar. He studied at Pondok Bendang Daya while still young and then went to Mecca, c. 1890, to study with Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani and Tok Yaman. It is unclear how long he remained in Mecca, but eventually returned and opened a pondok at Jakar which began around the same time as the pondok in Bendang Gucil, Tok Raja Haji, Titi, and Chaok. His pondok was continued under the work of his son-in-law Haji ‘Abd al-Rahman Jakar.
- Tok Bendang Daya Muda (1818-95)
- Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani (1856-1908)
- Tok Yaman (1860s-1956)
- Pak Da ‘El (1882-1965)
- Haji Salih Padada (Tumpat, Kelantan)
- Pak Cu Him Gajah Matih (1891-1968), Pendang, Kedah
- Haji Dir (Bendang Ramah)
- Haji ‘Abd Allah (Bendang Kebun)
- Kifayat al-‘Awwam fi ma Yajib alaihim min ‘Ilm al-Kalam, later published by Matbaah al-Attas, Johor Bharu, Rajab 1349/1930. Many other editions followed.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 269-70.