Location(s): Mecca; Pauh Bok, Patani
Biographical Details: He was the grandson of Shaykh ‘Abd al-Mubin al-Fatani, who founded Pondok Pauh Bok. He studied alongside Shaykh Da’ud b. ‘Abd Allah al-Fatani in Mecca and returned with copies of the latter’s works by the 1810s or 1820s. He soon assumed leadership of his family’s pondok, introducing the new texts he had brought back from Mecca, thus reforming the curriculum substantially and making Pauh Bok one of the first places to feature the teachings of Shaykh Da’ud. His son ‘Abd Allah succeeded him.
- Shaykh Muhammad Salih b. ‘Ibrahim Mufti Shafi‘i, in Mecca (an Arab)
- Shaykh Ahmad al-Marzuqi (an Arab)
- Tuan Bukit Bayas (c. 1790-1864)
- Shaykh Hassan b. Shaykh ‘Ishaq al-Jawi al-Fatani (d. c. 1864)
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 289.