Popular Name(s): Tok Guru Kok Geting, Tok Guru Kok
Biographical Details: d. 7:00 am Khamis, 6 Rabi al-awwal 1371 AH [5 Dec 1951 CE]. His mother was Tuan Jibah b. Tuan ‘Abd al-Rahman, who was a member of the Raman royal family. He married Hajah Nik Aishah b. Nik Mat, she was thus the granddaughter of Tuan Guru Haji ‘Abbas Sungai Budor and Tuan Guru Haji Nik Dir Geting. He had a son Haji Nik Mat (1915-91) who taught at Madrasah Meheliah.
In c. 1894, he went to Mecca, where he received most of his education. Upon returning to the peninsula, he taught at Madrasah Meheliah in Kampung Geting, along with other teachers such as Haji ‘Abd al-Samad Geting, Haji Nik Dir Geting, and Tok Pulau Ubi.
- Shaykh Nik Dir Patani (1829-98), Mecca
- Shaykh Nik Mat Kecik Patani (1844-1915), Mecca
- Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani (1856-1908), Mecca
- Shaykh ‘Abd Allah Senggora (c. 1850-1930), Mecca
- Tok Wan ‘Ali Kutan (1837-1913), Mecca
- Tok Muhammad Ramli Sai (Mecca)
- Che Pak Ya Raman (Mecca)
- Tuan Mukhtar Bogor (Mecca)
- Shaykh Umar Sumbawa (Mecca)
- Daud, Ismail Che, “Ulama’ Muhajirin di Kelantan,” in Tokoh-tokoh Ulama’ Semenanjung Melayu, vol. 2, 2nd ed., 562-3. Kota Bharu: Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan, 2007.