Biographical Details: b. 1290/1873, in Mecca. He was the second of seven children of Muhammad b. ‘Isma’il Daudi al-Fatani. His mother, Sharifah Aminah b. Sayyid Faraj, was from Egypt. He married Safiah, daughter of Tok Wan Ali Kutan al-Kalantani. d. 1363/1944, in Mecca.
He lived most of his life in Mecca and pursued his education there and in Cairo. He afterwards taught in Mecca.
- Shaykh Ahmad Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani (1856-1908), fiqh, falak
- Haji ‘Abd al-Rahman Gudang, falak
- Datuk Haji Muhammad Nur b. ‘Ibrahim, Mufti of Kelantan
- Haji ‘Abd Allah b. Fahim, Pulau Pinang*
- Haji Ahmad b. ‘Abd al-Wahhab al-Fusani, Patani
- Hassan b. Yahya al-Jambui, who wrote a book on falak titled, Na’il al-Matlub fi ‘amal al-Jayub
- Kifayat al-muhtadi
- Abdullah, Hj. Wan Mohd. Shaghir. Penyebaran Islam & Silsilah Ulama: Sejagat Dunia Melayu, vol. 10. Kuala Lumpur: Khazaniah Fathaniyah, 1999: 36-7.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 268-9.