Popular Name(s): Tok Cembar, Haji Pak Cu
Origin: Kampung Atas Beting, Mukim Jabo Hilir, daerah Cetok, Pasir Mas
Biographical Details: He married Hajah Maryam b. Tuan Guru Haji ‘Abd al-Rashid Kampung Bandar, Patani. He was friends with Haji ‘Abd al-Rahman Padang Ru, Haji ‘Abd al-Rahman Lubok Jambu (d. 1959), and Haji Ya’qub Gong Jabo Hilir, daerah Cetok, Pasir Mas (d. 1963). He died c. 1975/6, at Pondok Cembar, Patani. After his first wife’s death, he married Hajah Kalthum b. Haji Da’ud b. Tuan Minal.
When he was very young, he studied at a pondok with Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rashid al-Fatani (known as Tok Keramat Pulau Bidan), his future father-in-law. Afterward, he went to Mecca to continue his education. He afterwards returned to the peninsula. After his marriage, he and his wife moved to Bendang Pedur. He later opened a pondok at Kampung Cembar, Telaga Bakong, Nongcik, Patani.
- Tok Keramat Pulau Bidan (d. 1938), father-in-law
- Shaykh Yusuf al-Fatani (a student of Shaykh Nik Dir Patani)
- Pak ‘Ali Patani
- IAM 127 – Ghayat al-Taqrib
- PNM 1498 – Kifayat al-Muhtaj
- Daud, Ismail Che, “Ulama’ Kelantan di Rantau Orang,” in Tokoh-tokoh Ulama’ Semenanjung Melayu, vol. 2, 2nd ed., 494-6. Kota Bharu: Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan, 2007.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 291.