Popular Name(s): Pak Cik Wan Daud, Tok Cik Daud Patani, Pak Cu
Biographical Details: b. 1283/1866, in Bendang Daya, Patani, where his father was Tok Bendang Daya Tua. He was the brother of both Tok Bendang Daya Muda and Shaykh Muhammad Zayn b. Mustafa al-Fatani, and uncle to Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani. d. Selasa, 23 Dhu’l Hijja 1354 AH [17 March 1936 CE].
After studying with his father in Pondok Bendang Daya, he went to Mecca to continue his education. While he was there, he developed a reputation as an expert in fiqh and he remained there and taught for the entirety of his life.
- Tok Bendang Daya Muda (1818-95), his father
- Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani (1856-1908), his nephew
- Tok Wan ‘Ali Kutan (1837-1913)
- Shaykh Nik Mat Kecik Patani (1844-1915)
- Shaykh Nawawi al-Bantani
- Shaykh Muhammad Hasb Allah
- Shaykh Sa’id al-Yamani
- Tok Golok (1861-1934)
- Tok Jerulong (1868-1939)
- Tok Bermin (1874-1957)
- Tok Seridik (1880-1935)
- Pak Da ‘El Patani (1882-1965)
- Pak Cu Him Gajah Mati (1891-1968), Kedah
- Haji Hassan Mak Enggol (c. 1896-1969)
- Haji ‘Abd al-Majid Embong (1898-1953)
- Tok Guru Dala (c. 1898-1975)
- Haji Ahmad b. ‘Abd al-Wahhab al-Fusani, Patani
- Tok Selehor
- Haji Umar Sungai Keladi
- Haji ‘Abd Allah Tahir Bunut Payung
- Tok Kemuning, Kelantan
- Tuan Guru Haji Muhammad Kuala Besut
- Haji Wan ‘Abd al-Latif Besut, Terengganu
- Tuan Guru Haji Ghazali Bagan Datuk, Perak
- Abdullah, Hj. Wan Mohd. Shaghir. Penyebaran Islam & Silsilah Ulama: Sejagat Dunia Melayu, vol. 10. Kuala Lumpur: Khazaniah Fathaniyah, 1999: 39.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 263-4.