Popular Name(s): Haji Ahmad Palwan
Location(s): Sungai Yala, Patani
Biographical Details: b. 1882. He came from Kampung Tok Raja Haji, the same as Pak Cu Yeh. A son of his Haji ‘Abd al-Qadir taught at Pondok Pusing (sekat Cabang Tiga Jeniang, Jalan Jaha), Yala. He had three other children: Habibah (the eldest, m. one of her father’s students who came from Muar, later moved to Phuket, where her husband taught in a pondok), Haji ‘Abd al-Rashid, and Muhammad Nur. d. 1958, he was buried in Nad Tanjung, Jambu.
He first studied with his uncle in his hometown but later went to Mecca. He returned from Mecca, c. 1920, and opened a pondok in the region of Ulu Jaha (today in Yala). He later opened a second pondok in Kampung Pauh Butut, several years after the conclusion of World War II.
- Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani (1856-1908)
- Pak Da ‘El (Mecca)
- Haji Yahya Rafi‘ al-Malakawi, opened a pondok in Bendang Kepak, Tanjung Mas
- Tok Guru Dala
- Haji Mat
- Haji Hassan Jambu, opened pondok in Kampung Duwal
- Haji Yasin Taliair, near Kelubi, Dala
- Haji Nik Mat Budi
- [kitab tawhid] – PNM 1153