Popular Name(s): Tok Chaok
Origin: Kampung Aur, Nad Tanjung, Jambu, Patani
Biographical Details: d. 18 Rabi al-awwal 1340 [19 Nov 1921 CE]. He first studied at various Patani pondok, such as Pondok Bendang Daya, with Tok Bendang Daya, and others (perhaps Tuan Minal). He later went to Mecca, but returned and taught at Chaok, which had already existed for some years.
- Tok Bendang Daya (1818-95), Pondok Bendang Daya
- Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani (1856-1908), Mecca
- Tok Golok (1861-1934)
- Haji ‘Abd Allah Tembesu (d. 1941)
- Tok Balur (1880-1942)
- Tok Seridik (c. 1881-1935)
- Haji Hassan Mak Enggol (c. 1896-1969)
- Haji ‘Abd al-Majid Embong (1898-1953)
- Haji Husayn Cik Dol (1904-67), his son-in-law.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 260-1.