Popular Name(s): Tok Yaman
Biographical Details: b. c. 1860s, Kampung Beruas Mulu, Penarik, Patani. He is said to be younger than Tok Kelaba (1863) and older than Tok Bermin (1874) and Tok Jakar (c. 1870). d. 1376/1956, buried in a cemetery at Islam Pangkalan Jambu, Kuala Beruas, Penarik. His son, known as Tok Beruas, was also a pondok teacher.
He first studied at Pondok Bendang Daya as well as other schools in the Patani area. He developed a reputation as an expert in fiqh and ‘usul (aqida).
- Tok Bendang Daya Muda (1818-95) , Pondok Bendang Daya
- Tok Semela Tua (Patani)
- Tuan Minal (1820-1913), Patani
- Haji Muhammad Salih Bendang Gucil (Patani)
- Shaykh Ahmad b. Muhammad Zayn al-Fatani (1856-1908), Mecca
- Shaykh Nik Dir Patani (1829-98), Mecca
- He then accompanied Haji ‘Abd Allah Bendang Gucil and Haji ‘Ibrahim Musa Bendang Gucil to Yemen to study with Shaykh Yusuf al-Yamani for 5 years, then returned to Mecca, where he lived for 5 years more before returning to Patani.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 276-8.