Popular Name(s): Sometimes he employed the al-Fatani nisba.
Location(s): Mecca (1301, 1307 AH)
Biographical Details: He came from a kampung on Sungai Kelantan, perhaps Kampung Surau Kota, where a brother of his was born. He was in Mecca by 1883/4, where he studied the texts al-Iqna’ and Fath al-Wahhab. He did not return to Kelantan. The date of his death is unknown, but was probably c. 1910.
- Fidayah sembahyang dan puasa atas mazhab Hanafi – 1307 AH [1889-90 CE]
- [Kitab pada menyatakan ahkam al-asqat] – PNM 2427B – 1307 AH [1889-90 CE], in Mecca
- Risalat al-saghir – IAM 662 – 1301 AH [1883/4 CE], in Mecca
- IAM 49 – [untitled kitab on fiqh and tawhid], 1307 AH [1889-90 CE]
- IAM 198B – al-Fawa’id fi al-salah wa al-‘awa’id, copied in Mecca
- PNM 2427A – Sullam al-Mubtadi, c. 1307 AH [c. 1889/90 CE]
- Daud, Ismail Che, “Ulama’ Kelantan di Rantau Orang,” in Tokoh-tokoh Ulama’ Semenanjung Melayu, vol. 2, 2nd ed., 518-20. Kota Bharu: Majlis Ugama Islam dan Adat Istiadat Melayu Kelantan, 2007.