Popular Name(s): Tuan Guru Haji Hasan Mak Enggol
Biographical Details: His name sometimes appears in records as Husayn. b. c. 1896, Kampung Tendung, Rakak, Patani, which is known as a town where many people from Brunei settled. His father was not a teacher (orang kampong biasa). His mother’s name was Sarah. A daughter of his married Tok Guru Kab Berangan Kelantan. d. 4:30 pm Ahad, 4 May 1969.
He went to Pondok Chaok, where he studied for 4 years, then went to Pondok Bermin for some time before embarking for Mecca, c. 1344/1925. He returned to Patani, c. 1930, and taught in several different pondok.
- Tok Mapat (from Kampung Mapat, near Pauh Manis, daerah Rakak, 5 years)
- Tok Chaok (d. 1921), 4 years
- Tok Bermin (1874-1957), c. 1921-25
- Shaykh ‘Ali Maliki
- Shaykh Mokhtar Atarid
- Pak Cik Wan Da’ud Patani (1866-1936)
- Pak Da ‘El Patani (1882-1965)
- Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahman al-Hindi
- Haji Sulong (1895-1954)
- Haji Mat Dagang, opened a pondok in Bendang Pedur
- Haji Guru Kab/Kob, Berangan, Tumpat, Kelantan, his son-in-law.
- Tuan Guru Haji Ya’qub Pelapong, son-in-law of Haji Mustafa Tabeh, Palas
- Haji ‘Abd al-Majid Kok Min, Senggora
- Haji Ya’qub Panjang, Rakak, taught at Langgar, Palas
- Haji Cik Pik, Cenok
- Haji Ramli Bukit Senin, Kedah
- Haji Ya’qub Kubang Saman, taught at Kampung Tengga, Yala
- Haji Husayn Cenok, Kampung Banur
- Haji ‘Abd al-Rashid, Senggora
- Tuan Guru Haji Haji ‘Abd al-Rahman, Pombeng, now in Kuala Terengganu
- Haji ‘Abd al-Rashid Warak, Carak Kerian, Teluban
- Pak Su Lah, Perlis
- Marwan Sameon, became Penolong Chularajmontri
- Haji ‘Abd al-Majid Tendung, his son-in-law
- Haji Pak Cik, Tendung
- Haji Muhammad Ramli, Belukar Tengah, Rakak
- Haji Wan Nuh, Bendang Tal, Kelaba
- Haji Ya’qub, Bonggol Kekabu, Telaga Sembilan
- Li Caya
- Haji Awang, Tendung, now in Mecca
- Haji Pak Cu Sala’m, Negeri Sembilan
- Haji Awang Jabat, Narathiwat
- Haji Muhammad Hwa Khao, Senggora
- Bakar, Muhammad Abu. Ulama Terengganu: Suatu Soratan. Kuala Terengganu: Utusan Publications, 1991: 65-6.
- Fatani, Ahmad Fathy al-. Ulama Besar dari Patani. Bangi: Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2002: 181-92.